All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics ( Health and Fitness) is dedicated to help you lead a happy and healthy
life. We provide the latest updates on nutrition, dieting, exercise, fitness, home
remedies and natural cures for common illnesses, and other health-related topics.
Get in shape with us and keep your body running at it’s peak!
Many people drink alcohol to celebrate joyous occasions; alcohol instills a sense
of social confidence and promotes relaxation in the company of others. However, there
are many who drink alcohol for other reasons – primarily to seek relief and disassociation
While alcohol, particularly red wine, has recently touted to support heart health,
the effects of alcohol abuse on your health can be very serious. Alcohol can affect
your body and health in the following ways:
Alcohol Health and Mental Effects
1. Alcohol can keep you from getting deep sleep, which result in a less restful night's
In fact, drinking alcohol cannot make you go to sleep. Alcohol only make insomnia
worse. In addition, alcohol acts as a diuretic which means it will trigger urine
production which makes you wake up more often in the middle of your sleep to go to
2. Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol puts you at higher risk for cancers, such
as cancer of the pancreas, mouth, tongue, and throat.
The risk is greatly increased if you also smoke. Alcohol and smoking is a lethal
concoction in the long run.
3. Alcohol can raise blood pressure and increase the risk of arrhythmia, shortness
of breath, some types of cardiac failure, hemorrhagic stroke and other circulatory
4. Alcohol consumption is closely related to cirrhosis of the liver. About 1 in 10
heavy drinkers will eventually develop cirrhosis. It tends to occur after 10 or more
years of heavy drinking.
5. Alcohol has a negative impact on weight loss. Alcohol has 7.1 calories per gram
and these calories count as part of the energy balance equation.
Alcohol also increases fat storage further by increasing appetite and displacing
fat and carbohydrate.
6. Any amount of alcohol consumed during pregnancy is potentially dangerous to an
Your child may suffer lifelong consequences, including mental retardation, learning
disabilities, and serious behavior problems.
7. Excessive long term alcohol consumption has serious detrimental effects on sexual
health and sexual performance including loss of libido, premature or delayed ejaculation,
infertility and problems with penile erection.
8. Misuse of alcohol also can cause major, even life-threatening, mental, emotional,
and behavioral problems such as depression and alcohol addiction.
Please seek professional help as soon as possible if you suspect an alcohol addiction
or have a drinking problem.