All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Pregnancy and Kids) is all about practical parenting advice and parenting
skills to help you deal with common parenting challenges from toddlerhood to teen
years. You’ll find tons of healthy food ideas and easy-to-make kids meals, fun activity
ideas and creative crafts projects that kids love to do and play!
10 Killer Tips to Lose Pregnancy Weight Fast and Naturally
By Martha Sander
Losing pregnancy weight is one of the toughest challenges most moms face after the
baby arrives. And, if there're any quick fixes, I'm sure many would jump on it without
even thinking twice about the health risks. Actually, losing pregnancy weight is
not that difficult; it requires careful meal planning, some light exercises and lots
of determination. Let's look at some safe and easy ways which you can use in your
everyday life to help you lose pregnancy weight fast and naturally.
How to Drop Baby Weight Fast After Pregnancy
1. Before you decide to buy a food product, read the ingredient label. Look out for
the word "non fat". Even if it says "non fat", it can still be high in calories,
hydrogenated vegetable oils and/or high fructose corn syrup.
2. Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water daily to help reduce hundreds of calories
out of your usual high sugar beverages such as sodas and juices. You can try replacing
them with a squeeze of fresh lemon or flavored seltzer water which has no calories.
3. Fat metabolism requires adequate intake of B group vitamins, so make sure you're
getting good amounts of eggs, walnuts, whole grains and nutritional yeast in your
diet, or use a supplement.
4. Stay away from store bought chips and junk food. Replace these high-sodium, high-fat
foods with a handful of wheat crackers, popcorn, nuts, raisins, celery or carrot
sticks. If you want some chips to munch, try baking your own apple chips.
5. Resist the temptation to eat fast food. If you must, order a salad and not fries
to cut fat intake.
6. Eat only lean meats such as boneless chicken and lean beef. Chicken breast meat
is a great choice when it comes to weight loss since it’s low-fat. When preparing
meals, make sure to trim off any visible fat.
7. Eat plenty of wholegrains such as multigrain breads, whole wheat pasta and brown
rice instead of the "white" version of grains and cereals.
8. Do some light exercise in the morning. If you had a C-section delivery, make sure
you consult your doctor first. You can start with a 10 minute stroll every day and
gradually increase to 20 minutes. Once your doctor clears you, you can start jogging.
9. Incorporate exercise into your everyday living like taking the stairs instead
of elevators, parking your car farther away or carrying your baby in his infant carrier.
It helps to tone your arms and burn extra calories.
10. Breastfeed your baby. Did you know that breastfeeding burns 500 or more calories
per day? During pregnancy, your body stores extra fat in anticipation of lactation
and breastfeeding helps burn the extra fat faster.
Moreover, breastfeeding is a great way to bond with your baby. If you want to lose
pregnancy weight fast, breastfeeding is one of the safest options.
Losing baby weight after pregnancy takes time so be patient, and you should be able
to regain your pre-pregnancy figure and feel like a million dollars!
Too busy and don't have time to exercise? Find fun ideas on how to sneak in incidental
exercise throughout the day, at work or at home, and you'll be on your way to a more
active and healthier lifestyle!
Fruits are undeniably good for health but not all fruits help weight loss. Learn
what are the best fruits to eat when trying to lose weight so you drop pounds quickly
while enjoying the right fruits in the right amounts.