All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
A fragrant sesame seasoned salad or a healthy side dish to go with steamed rice or
meat dishes. Very simple and quick to make.
Korean Spinach Salad Sigumchi Namul Recipe
3 cups water
10 ounces spinach leaves, washed
3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 stalk spring onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1½ tablespoons white sesame seeds
How to make Korean spinach side dish sigumchi namul:
1. Place water in a saucepan, and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
2. Tip in spinach leaves and blanch for 30 seconds until just tender.
3. Remove spinach from water and rinse under cold running water. Drain.
4. Using your hands, squeeze out as much water as you can from the spinach leaves.
Place on a serving platter.
5. Combine spring onion, garlic, sesame oil and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
6. Add to blanched spinach and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
7. Keep spinach salad in an air tight food container. Place it in the refrigerator
an chill for at least an hour before serving.
You can serve Korean spinach salad sigumchi namul salad as a side dish as well.
Also called sigeumchi namul, sigeumchinamul, sigumchinamu
Each Korean dish featured brings about a completely exciting culinary experience,
and all are surprisingly easy-to-cook. Substantial, flavorful and great-tasting Korean
meal ideas without blowing your budget! All-time favorite authentic Korean recipes
include meats, noodles & rice, soups & stews, vegetables, desserts and more.