All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Money and Lifestyle) is about helping you manage your finances so that
you live comfortably within your means. We share frugal living ideas such as save
money around the house, cheap to make recipes, budget-friendly solutions for everyday
living, recycling crafts, helpful hints to buy things without getting burned, and
Pets are considered part of the family for many pet owners. They deserve the same
amount of love and care just like any other member of your family. And, good healthcare
is important for your dogs and cats.
However, the cost of seeking proper medical care for your pets don’t usually come
cheap, and they can cost even more in extreme cases of accident or illness.
Factor in the cost of food and bedding, keeping a pet at home can be rather expensive.
To protect yourself from escalating costs, it’s a good idea to buy an insurance policy
for your pets. For a premium of under £7 per month, you can fully insure your beloved
cat or dog with a quality pet insurance policy.
How Pet Insurance Works?
1. After you signed up for a pet insurance, your policy takes effect in 3 days for
accident coverage, and in 14 days for illness coverage.
2. When your pet is ill or injured, you need to bring a claim form to the vet’s office,
and get him to list a diagnosis and sign the form.
3. Send your completed claim forms, with attached copies of receipts, to your pet
insurer. It takes about 2-3 weeks for your cheque to arrive in the mail.
Take not that not all pet insurance is the same. For most insurers, “pets” means
either a cat or a dog. So if you keep exotic pets and small mammals, search around
for specialist insurers who insure such pets.
What to Consider when Buying Pet Insurance Policy?
Keep the following tips in mind when you decide to insure your dogs or cats. They
can help you determine whether the pet insurance policy you’re considering is of
sufficient quality, or just another run of the mill pet insurance policy
1. Varying choices of cover to best suit your circumstances and your pet's requirements.
Know exactly what you need to have to be covered in the insurance policy.
2. A considerable sum to cover veterinarian fees of about £5,000 per condition, with
the option of no time limit for treatment, if needed.
3. Cover for your pet, whatever their age. That means no upper limit.
4. No loaded premiums for paying monthly rather than a year in advance.
5. Customer service helplines easily and readily available to you.
6. Ask for discounts if you’ve more than one pet which needs coverage.
7. Carefully read all the clauses on deductibles, surcharges and exclusions before
taking up the pet insurance policy.
8. Some quality pet insurance providers offer online discounts of about 10%, but
make sure you check with them first.
This is not a definitive list and there may be other benefits or features that you
might want with your pet insurance, such as paying for advertising to find a lost
pet, but it’s a good place to start.